- THIS COURSE
- Is designed for those already being required to showcall and would like more information on the process from the showcaller perspective
- Delivers a greater understanding of the role of the Showcaller and their relationship with the Producer together with practical advice on how to put together a showbook and how to showcall
- The course is divided into easy to follow sections from arrival on site to delivery of the show with advice of helpful shortcuts, common issues and how best to navigate them based on my own experience. This course assumes you have all the required knowledge of working with all the technical departments. If you don't have this knowledge base this course will be too advanced for you.
- The challenges of ever changing content delivery.
- How to compile a showbook and work with it during the rehearsals and then the show.
A Showcaller with over 25 years experience UK and worldwide of every kind of event from small conferences to arena concerts. I work with many production companies and across the spectrum of clients from pharmaceutical conferences, AGM's, award shows, auto shows. Production Companies include Jack Morton, Imagination, WRG, Wonder London and many more. End clients include Pharmaceuticals such as AstraZeneca, Automotive including Ford, Government conferences and many awards and galas.
I have experience working with Performers,Musicians, Musical Directors and Choreographers. I have worked with live broadcast and TV recordings including The Tour de France Grand Depart 2014. ATP Tennis and FIFA Eworld Gaming Championships.
I am comfortable and confident in communicating between clients, agencies and technical teams.
Showcalling is a challenge which involves working alongside the producer in assimilating large amounts of information in a short period of time and manipulating the hectic nature of pressurised rehearsals into calling a seamless event.
I spent over 20 years working in the theatre including the National Theatre, the Old Vic and as company manager for Les Miserables at the Palace Theatre.
I was Showcaller for the 25th Anniversary Concerts of Les Miserables at the O2 and Phantom of the Opera at the Albert Hall and Jesus Christ Superstar arena tour. Theatre experience has fed into my corporate work